1. Our mission is to help people find the spiritual encouragement they need to live their lives in the abiding presence of God, the Father, Christ, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the Strengthener.
2. Choose a passage of scripture of about 10-15 verses. Meditate and pray. Narrow your thought to one or two ideas, so that the central truth of the scripture reading can come through.
3. Use language that is clear, concise, and current. Keep your article to about 200 words.
4. Use examples, illustrations, metaphors, stories (all of these must be brief, of course). Draw from your own experience, things you’ve seen and experienced, things that have happened to you.
5. Don’t hesitate to use the examples and stories that can come from experiences with special people and great causes—just keep in mind the focus of your mission: encouraging readers rather than recognizing or promoting worthy people or causes. Children can provide great illustrations but, as difficult as it is to do, we ask you to avoid stories in which you mention by name your children, grandchildren (we have some really cute ones, too), parents, grandparents, elders, ministers and organizations (Christian colleges, Christian relief agencies, etc.).
6. Be encouraged knowing that Power for Today sends out 47,000 copies, and it is likely that 2-3 people read each copy. Your writing matters!
Please send your manuscripts to WRITETOPOWER@YAHOO.COM
If you prefer US mail: Power for Today, 3805-56th Street, Lubbock, TX 79413
Power For Today
Daily Devotional Magazine